Are Water Solutions Right for Me?
Throughout the United States, many households are impacted by hard water. In fact, 70- 85% of the water used in the US is hard water. The degree of hardness ranges from slightly hard to very hard, but any water with dissolved particles like calcium and magnesium will lead to problems around the household.
What is Hard Water?
Hard water is, quite simply, water with a high level of minerals suspended in it, namely calcium and magnesium. While these minerals are not inherently dangerous, they create scale, or residue buildup in your pipes, appliances, laundry, and even your skin and hair!
Why Should I Care?
Water is just water, right? Wrong! Hard water can affect your life in ways you may never have thought of. The signs of hard water range from your skin and hair to the performance of your appliances.
- Feeling a residue on your skin after washing hands or bathing
- Soap scum on dishes and/or the necessity of more soap or detergent to clean household items
- Buildup of scale (solid deposits of minerals like calcium carbonate) in appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, and pipes. Even coffee pots can experience scale buildup.
- Between the water processing facility and your home, contaminants can seep into water. Chlorine is added at the beginning of the process to kill harmful bacteria, which both impacts the taste of the water and now has to be filtered out by the body.
- Dry, coarse hair that may be thinning or breaking due to hard water residue.
- Hair color and expensive products may be “wasted,” so to speak, as hard water continues to impact their effectiveness.
- May clog pores in skin, leading to acne, eczema, and other common problems.
- Minor health risks including:
- Differing skin issues
- Increased intake of magnesium and other minerals in hard water can lead to diarrhea
How can Leaf Home Water Solutions Help?
Leaf Home Water Solutions will first come to your home and perform a completely free water test. The results are immediate, and your representative can help you choose the best solution based on your results.
Once your customized water solution is installed, you can start reaping the benefits of filtered water. In addition to solving the pain points mentioned above, you will also notice that filtered and soft water cuts down on a number of costs.
- With soft water, you can use less soap for dishwashing and laundry. When you’re flushing fewer chemicals down the drain, you also reduce your environmental impact.
- As hard water leads to heat loss, you will enjoy lower electric or gas bills when heating soft water.
- Hard water impacts and reduces the lifespan of household water-using appliances. With soft water minimizing scale buildup, everything from your water heater to your coffee maker will work more efficiently for a longer time.
Contaminated water leads to obvious health issues like disease, but it can also be a driving factor behind common skin issues like acne, eczema, and dry skin. Additionally, consumption of mineral-heavy water (sometimes containing hundreds of times the recommended daily dose of certain minerals) can lead to tummy issues and diarrhea.
Water Treatment Options For Every Home
At Leaf Home Water Solutions, we offer the most comprehensive selection of water treatment products anywhere. With conditioning, filtration, softening, and more, our team is able to correct water chemistry in homes with municipal water and private wells alike.
VIEW OUR PRODUCTS!
You spend most of your free time in your home, but its appliances are doing their job even when you’re not there. Pipes, dishwashers, water heaters, and even showerheads and coffee pots may suffer from scale buildup and will eventually require replacement.
Last but not definitely not least, the taste of your water! You may not be a water sommelier, but you’ve probably noticed that different waters have different tastes. Even bottled water has things like microplastics impacting its flavor. Filter out impurities with LHWS and enjoy water as it is meant to taste: cold, refreshing, and delicious.
About Leaf Home Water Solutions
We strive to present a custom solution for your home, with your needs and budgets in mind. Backed by the strength of one of North America’s largest home improvement companies, you can feel reassured that you are working with the best team and getting the best products available on the market. With a distinguished digital water test and systems designed to meet the needs of your home, you can feel confident that you and your family are getting the crispest, purest water possible. Plus, our friendly customer service team is always ready to help should any issues arise down the road. Protect your home and family from the effects of hard water and get a custom solution today!