Water Quality: The Importance of Home Water Testing
Water is a simple necessity understood by all living things, but it becomes a complex topic when studying how water quality impacts everyday life. Advancements in home water testing make it easier to know what’s in your water.
But what if you were told that the quality of water could hurt your health and wellness?
You would want to test it, right? Well, Leaf Home Water Solutions can help!
Why Test the Quality of Your Drinking Water?
The importance of drinking enough water is something learned at a young age, as there are many studies linked to how hydration impacts your health. The CDC explains that several contaminants run throughout the U.S. water systems, such as:
- Sewage releases
- Naturally occurring chemicals and minerals
- Local land use practices
- Manufacturing processes, and
- Malfunctioning on-site wastewater treatment systems
Various illnesses can occur when you consume contaminated water, whether it is an immediate illness or a slow-reacting one. The CDC warns that certain levels in water can lead to gastrointestinal illness, reproductive problems, and neurological disorders. People at a higher risk of a weakened immune system are more susceptible to these health issues. Ensuring that your water is not contaminated is a simple process to protect the ones you love.
Why Test Your Water Quality at Home?
Every year consumers spend countless amounts of money on hair, skin, and nail care products, to achieve a youthful and vibrant appearance. But the bath water used can hinder these products’ ability to work depending on the contaminant in the water.
Most city water contains a high amount of chlorine, which is how many people access water. A few negative side-effects of chlorine and other contaminants include:
- Chlorine dries moisture out on skin and nails, removing the healthy balance of good bacteria.
- Dry skin creates various problems, including an older appearance, causing makeup to crease, flake, and look ‘cakey.’
- As chlorine tends to create dryness, so do magnesium and calcium. Hair and nails become dull and lifeless, while one’s skin becomes irritated by the contaminants.
Home Water Quality Testing Kits
There are a variety of testing kits one can get depending on the area and source of their water. Many testing kits have a limited number of contaminants they can test. However, the test itself is relatively easy to do.
Home Water Test Steps:
- Dip the test strip into a test tube filled with a water sample.
- Remove the strip a few seconds later and shake it out.
- Compare the color on the strip with the colors on the chart provided.
- The chart color matching your test strip will tell you about the chemical levels in your water.
Why Leaf Home Water Solutions Is Set Apart
Many take-home water quality tests are limited to giving one response and solution. At Leaf Home Water Solutions, we have a digital testing system that allows us to eliminate user error with smart technology.
We test your water levels for numerous issues, including but not limited to the following:
- And more
The test is completed within two minutes for hassle- and mess-free analysis, providing clear and easy results.
Upon completing the at-home water test, our water experts assess and determine a customized water solution that’s right for your home. Schedule your free at-home water test today to ensure you and your family are protected